Reducing harm to users is essential and is the primary function of any drug diversionary project. In our Region, harm reduction services aim to reduce the harm and possible death to those users. Please see our directory listings for projects that can help source treatment and counselling services. If you need help finding this, contact us directly.
Harm Reduction AdviceSome general harm reduction advice to help you party safer if you are determined to use substances.
- Don't use alone
- Tell someone you are with what you are taking
- Always start with a small test amount e.g a half pill, a dab and wait 2 hours before taking anymore
- Avoid mixing with other drugs inlcuding alcohol
- Try and buy from a trusted source
- Stay hydrated by drinking small sips of water but don't go over 1 pint in 1 hour
- Take regular breaks from dancing
- Think about your environment- is it safe? Make sure you remove any hazards before using
- Look after your mates
- Seek help if you need to and be honest about what you have taken
- Place sleeping or unconcious friends in the recovery position
- If you have used and are going to sleep, sleep on your side in case you are sick
- Think about safe sex